[Online Workshop] Keeping your business data safe from hackers
WITH VICTOR NICHOLLS
Did you know:
- Phishing, identity theft and false billing are the top three scams reported
- Half of all cyber-attacks are targeted at small business
- Hacking software is readily available on the internet
- Cyber crime is costing the Australian economy up to $1 billion a year in direct costs alone
These are scary numbers right, but there are things you can do to protect yourself and reduce the chance of being a victim.
And the good news is they are mostly about changing habits and processes rather than installing expensive software.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- How your personal privacy fits into the picture
- Password strategies
- How to identify suspicious messages
- Surfing the web safely
- Online finances and payments
- Securing mobile devices
- Backups and protection
- What is the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme?
So, let’s simplify the actions you can immediately take to protect yourself, and reduce the chance of you and your business becoming a victim of the fastest growing crime statistic worldwide.
Victor Nicholls is the Co-Founder and CEO of Viewdata, an innovative software company that helps small business owners to leverage their data to increase sales growth. Victor is a passionate advocate for the small business community and understands the uniqueness of what drives and motivates owners to succeed. With over 20 years’ experience working across a range of businesses and organisations large and small, he has been pivotal in converting data insights to informed decision making and business growth. Book in with Victor to accelerate your business potential.
An ASBAS Digital Solutions Qld workshop in partnership with Firestation 101, Ipswich City Council and Ipswich and West Moreton Advancing Regional Innovation Program
|Event Date||16/09/2020 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||16/09/2020 8:00 pm|